Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Block Party



Every year our little neighborhood or should I say "Circle" gets together at the end of one of the courts for a Block Party. There are only about 50 houses, so I guess it's easy to organize. Everyone had to bring an appetizer and their own drinks. Devin and I brought a cooler w/4 bottles of wine, that we were planning on sharing, and artichoke dip. We went with Robert and Jessica (my new friend, love her!) and their three kids: Mikayla, Annelise, and R.J. (Isabella's bff).

It ended up being a lot of fun, except for the introductions we had to make. Well, that Devin had to make. Everyone was listening intently to Devin's intro b/c we are the mysterious couple in the neighborhood. Sometimes we have Isabella and McRae, sometimes just Isabella, or just McRae, and sometimes no kids. Are we married? Who's the parent of Isabella? McRae? As a matter of fact, someone actually asked if the Isabella was Devin's! COME ON! I made that!

We took three group photos that took almost as long as T.J.'s wedding pictures. I smiled in 0 for 2 . But Annie (Jessica's daughter), who is normally really shy around me, wanted me to hold her and my heart burst out of my chest :-) She's my favorite! Shhh. Devin and I did feel really weird not having the kids there. I held someone's baby for 2 hours to make up for it. She spilt my wine all over my pants, and kept shoving her piece of Melba toast in my eye. Definitely not ready for a baby. I'll borrow your's Meg.

To sum it up: Fun. Wine. Cold. Cute kids. Wine. Good food. Wine.

I was definitely not feeling well the next day. Good thing I don't have to do it again for another year!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Lindsay Stark said...

haha great story! I like that you brought wine that you were "planning" on sharing. How did that work out? Very cute. Love the blog!