Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Napa












The Hansen's, Baxter's, Devin and I, took a day trip to Napa this past weekend. We started out at Silver Oak for the best red's you've ever tasted. You know their slogan, "Life's a Cabernet." Then we got a sandwich at Oakville Market. Probably one of the best sandwich places in the Country. I always get the chix salad w/chutney and curry mayo. Or something that sounds yummier than that. We took our food to St. Supery and ate outside on their picnic tables. We then tasted a mix of whites and reds. Bought a couple bottles and moved on to Silverado. The pictures are mostly from here w/the great views of the valley. After Silverado we went to Rutherford and tasted wine with chocolate. Possibly my favorite winery b/c of this. We were kinda over the tasting and wanted to go find a place to open one of our bottles, so we went to Chandon. Turns out it was Champange only and the grounds had one picnic table at the top of the parking lot driveway. We set up shop. Shane carefully cleaned the chair he was going to sit on w/a small branch and took a seat. SNAP, the chair leg fell off and Shane fell forward. He did a heck of job saving the red wine he was holding. He only spilled on his leg. Very funny.

We had dinner reservations at Hurleys, a cute little place in Younteville. I was soooooooooooooo excited for this place b/c when I went in January they had a salad with polenta crutons. I talked about these crutons all day and Devin kept saying "I bet they won't have them. It's probably not a permanent fixture on the menu." I would get really mad each time he said it. "HOW WOULD YOU KNOW!!! Well, he was right. I was mad. Devin jinxed me. Despite the crutons, we had a great dinner, good wine, and lots of fun! Thanks for driving Meg!

No comments: