Thursday, September 11, 2008

My baby is 4!!!!!

Four years ago...

9/9/04:
Labor began at 12:50 AM. Excruciating pain till about 9:00 AM when I received my epidural, heaven! Isabella Marie was born at 5:47 PM, weighing in at 8 pounds, 1 ounce and 19.5 inches. Those 17 hours were well worth it.



9/9/08:
We opened presents in the morning. I tried to stick with the list but come on? She did get a Lightning McQueen shirt that lights up (remember she has one that makes noise)and a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse toy. I kinda did my own thing for the other presents. The light bright was a HIT! She sleeps with it every night.
One thing she did ask for was a blue bike. Well...I remember falling off a boys bike when I was younger and it hurts. Right? So Devin and I went to Toys-r-us and picked out a girls bike that was blue. Devin put it together (very sweet watching him on the family room floor with his tools) and wanted me to wait till he was home from work to give it to her. She knew she was going to open his present when he got home and I kinda built it up, so she was very excited. He came home, got the bike from the side yard, set it up behind the patio furniture, and asked her to go find it. What do you think she did when she saw it?

A. Jump up and down with excitement
B. Get right on and start riding
C. Throw herself to the ground and cry

Yes, C. Devin knew that would be her reaction and was upset that we didn't get her the boys bike. I had to sit with her outside, calming her down, complimenting the bike, and reassuring her that all the neighborhood kids would think it was cool. About an hour later, not kidding, we went out front and she rode the bike. When her friend R.J. came home, she got right off and made me carry it to his house. She was embarrassed that she was on a girls bike! I told Jessica (the mom) to have R.J. go up to Isabella and tell her how cool her bike was. He did and within 10 seconds she was back on and riding with all the kids.

Success!!!

Party is on Saturday. 90 degrees. Broken A/C. Will post pictures of the sweaty event next week.









No comments: