Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thank you Supernanny Jo xoxoxoxoxo


We created the "bead jar" a couple months ago. There are 3 lines on the jar, and "beads" (I say beads loosely because they are actually x-mas bells) to fill the jar when she has done something "bead worthy". She normally gets one bead at a time, and on special, special occasions/when mommy is in a really good mood, she gets two at a time.

Here are the rules:

The first line- she gets something that has been taken away back...please DON'T open my linen closet upstairs!!!!

The second line- One toy at the dollar store. Love love love that place....for toys only. A little lead never hurt. Just kidding. I think.

The third line- 4 toys at the dollar store (because that is how old she is), or a big toy at Target or something. We rarely hit the 3rd line...

A typical "bead getting" day consists of these things:

*Gets herself dressed


*Brushes her teeth (yes that is a Spiderman electric toothbrush)


*Brushes her own hair...normally resulting in a mullet type do. Mommy does it over, usually. Sometimes I'm too tired to care.



*Finishes her breakfast or at least eats till she is full.



On special, special, occasions, she cleans up her room or the downstairs mess. These are my favorite "bead worthy" chores and have been known to be worth two beads! When she does clean up, I begin to wonder if she is too young to vacuum? It's a light weight vacuum. Obviously, I would carry it upstairs for her when she was done with the downstairs.

Again, thank you Supernanny! When I do implement the "bead" jar, life with a drama mama preschooler is a little easier!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Lindsay Stark said...

OMG! Great photo shoot, Mom. She is too cute! I love Supernanny too. Saving up all her points for my eventual children. :)