Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July









A very patriotic four-some, if I do say so myself!











We started the day with a parade in "downtown" Clayton. I'm pretty sure all of Clayton's 10,000 residents were there. Little kids had their bikes, trikes, powerwheels, and scooters decorated and rode in the parade. There were also firemen, police, boy scouts, the mayor and some councilman, and the Blue Star Mom's in fancy old cars. Isabella loved the parade but McRae had a little injury that prevented him from enjoying the festivities...


There were some jumpies set up in the back to keep the little ones entertained (parade was a little long). McRae's hand got stuck under his bum while he slid down the slide and it burned him. So we walked to longs, picked up some neosporin and band-aids and went home.
After he was all bandaged up, we went swimming at Mimi and Pa's house (Devin's parents) and now I think I have swimmers ear. Isabella went to a party at her Dad's house and Devin and I went to Tj and Shanes house and enjoyed an adult celebration for Independence Day.
I will not be posting pictures of that night...
Hope everyone had a fun, safe holiday!










2 comments:

Megan and Mike said...

Very fun 4th! That slide looks very cool. I want to go on it.

Anonymous said...

I went to the Clayton parade every year growing up there. Awww your pictures made me reminisce... :)