Thursday, June 26, 2008

Father's Day Weekend









What a weekend! Saturday Isabella performed in her first dance recital, Candy Man. Happy Feet Dance School put it on. Ms. Veronica has been coming into preschool every Thursday afternoon and teaching them this tap dance. Isabella scared her Daddy and I at first b/c she wouldn't go on for the dress rehearsal. She cried backstage up until 10 minutes before show time. And I was very, very surprised, and proud that she went on! She knew all the steps (for the most part) and took a ton of bows. She loved it! Still talks about it and says, "Remember my dance show, and you are so proud?"


After the dance show, we attended another infamous Tyson b-day party. Happy 26th Ben and Ashley! These parties are definitely a tradition. I have personally been attending since their 10th birthday. Now that everyone is grown-up and doing their own thing, these parties are like our once-a-year reunions. I had a ton of fun. Drank way too much, stayed up way too late, and ruined my entire "Father's Day" Sunday.


Father's Day was spent at Devin's parents house with my parents, Darcie and Steve, and Devin, McRae and I. Although I felt like death, the dinner was great and everyone had a good time. I let Devin enjoy the wine and I took the role as D.D.


It was a good weekend!

No comments: