Monday, January 25, 2010

Holy crazy mommy.

I need to work on my need to live vicariously, and selfishly through my 5 year old daughter. I have always wanted long, blond, thin, hair. Yes thin. I despise my thick hair. I want stringy, straight hair. Isabella was BLESSED with this. I have worked 5 long years growing her hair and her bangs out until Monday when all my hard work came to a screeching end. Watching the lady at Dot's-n-Dashes "trim" her beautiful blond hair gave me a nervous stomach ache. All that beautiful blond hair falling to the ground. But afterwards, and maybe 2 inches later, I was pleased. I liked how it was one length and it hung a little neater.

It took me a couple days to get used to it because she did look different to me. She looked older. I could still get it in pretties and her bangs stayed in place with out clips. Yesterday, I call her to find that she has gone back to the butcher shop and had more taken off. Layers were added. Hearts were broken...

And then I stopped being so dramatic. OK? I've seen it and it's really cute and I am happy. But done cutting it for 5 more years.

BEFORE:


First cut:


FINAL cut:

2 comments:

Mrs. Lindsay Stark said...

She is adorable and perfect in all three photos! :)

Izzy Bizzy Busy Bee said...

Awww, Ily.